[Dock-fans] need your help!

=?gb2312?B?0KHT6g==?= yustar2003 at 126.com
Thu Apr 14 00:16:11 PDT 2005

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a beginner in using DOCK program.  I met some difficulties in my research and need your help.  I am currently doing my dissertation on the vaccine design, one very important step is to make sure the epitope (ligand)  match well with the MHC molecular.  I learn that the prerequisite for using the DOCK is having the coordinates or the pdb file of both epitope and MHC molecular. My problem is that I have no structural information of epitope, only have the primary sequence. Since most molecular modeling program need the length of input sequence no shorter than 25~30 residues, while epitope for MHC class I is about 10 mer length and 10~15 mer for MHC class II, so I feel puzzled what shall I do now.  Can you do me a favor and give me some suggestions? Thank you!

Sincerely Yours
Chuanyu Sui