[Dock-fans] Doubt about Zinc based active sites

Terry Lang terry at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 11 15:04:17 PDT 2005

Dear Arvind,

          It looks like from the error messages you are getting that you
are using DOCK 4.  Parameters for zinc were not introduced until DOCK
5.  If you need to model a zinc receptor, I would recommend downloading
a new version of the software.
          If you have a reason to use version 4 over 5, you can add the
zinc parameter to the vdw file manually.  We would typically use the
values below.  However, so you know, the output you are getting is for
chemical screening assignment.  There is more information about how to
add zinc to chemical scoring and screening in the DOCK 4 manual.

Terry

radius   1.10
well_depth      0.0125