[Dock-fans] ERROR while runing the demo and other issues

Terry Lang terry at cgl.ucsf.edu
Tue Jul 12 17:38:28 PDT 2005

Dear Amit,

          For your first issue, if you are generating chemical grids
with the program "grid," you need to remove the entry
name        null
definition    *

from the chem.defn file.  This entry in the parameter file is not
backwards compatible with the "grid" program.  That being said, there is
no function in "dock5" that reads in chemical grids.  Chemical scoring
did not enhance success rates and we have decided not to reimplement it
in the new version of DOCK.   We will be removing that capability from
the "grid" program in the next release to remove confusion.
          For your ligands, I am not sure what the problem is exactly.
Could you send a copy of your ligand files and your dock input files?  I
can take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
Terry