[Dock-fans] DMS problems

Terry Lang terry at cgl.ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 21 10:41:02 PDT 2005

Dear Oshik,

          We just asked the people at cgl to modify their Makefiles to
be compatible with current operating systems.  In the change, a few new
issues were introduced.  Fortunately, all of them are easily fixed.
        First, you need to create the file /usr/local/man for the manual
to be installed.  Second, you need to changed the corresponding lines in
the Makefile to the following:

DESTLIB=${LIBDIR}/dms/
SERVER=${DESTLIB}dmsd

cp radii.proto ${DESTLIB}radii

You will then need to type these commands:

make clean
make install

These steps should resolve your problem.  I will report these issues to
the cgl and hopefully they will make the appropriate modifications to
their release.

Sincerely,
Terry