[Dock-fans] DOCK and USFC QUIMERA

Terry Lang terry at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:53:43 PST 2005

Dear Guilherme,

          Unfortunately, UCSF Chimera does not call DOCK or any of its
accessories yet.  You can link the accessories in, but you need to write
some python code to communicate between the programs.  We have been
working with the Chimera team to get this implemented, but it will still
be several months to a year before all of the functionality is available.
        In the mean time, using Cygwin is truly not that difficult, even
for a novice user.  It uses the same commands as a Unix shell.   There
are several books available, including "Linux for Dummies" by Dee-Ann
LeBlanc, with descriptions of how to run shells and cheat-sheets of
commonly used commands.

Sincerely,
Terry