[Dock-fans] Other softwares to generate surface

Le Tien Dung letiendzung at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 00:29:00 PDT 2005

Hello,

I found it difficult to use the DMS to generate the molecular surface of the target molecule for docking.

Is there anyone use other program (preferly free) to generate the surface? Did any one try with Deep View (conversion of file type may be required), or UCSF Chimera?

I am running the Demo. Since there is no selected_spheres.sph in the 2_site folder, it seems that I have to run SPHGEN using the selected_spheres.in, right?
I ran but got this error "segmentation fault (core dump)" and the file OUTSPH has 0kb

It would be grateful if someone can help me out of this.

Thank you

LE