[Dock-fans] installing DMS

Le Tien Dung letiendzung at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 16:58:51 PDT 2005

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your message. As I was suggested by Philip, it was the problem with the Cygwin, I re-installed Cygwin with the Devel option selected as Install and the "make install" work.

However, new problem comes, Do I have to make any chance to the urs/local/man/man1 path?

I tried few options but it seems problems are coming from this.

Regards

Le

Terry Lang <terry at cgl.ucsf.edu> wrote:
Dear Le,

What operating system are you using to compile DMS. It
appears from your error message that you may not have the "make"
function installed.

Terry

Le Tien Dung wrote:

> Hello friends
>
> I extracted by sh >
> I change the directory in the GNUmakefile as
>
> /# LIBDIR is the directory where a 'dms' subdirectory will be created,
> # in which the server binary (dmsd) and various support files will be
> installed
> LIBDIR = c:/ledt/dms/lib/
> /# BINDIR is the directory where the dms binary will be installed
> BINDIR = c:/ledt/dms/bin/
>
> and type "make install" in cygwin the error comes like this:
>
> bash: make: command not found
>
> I would appreciate your kind help
>
> Regards
>
> LE
>
> P/S by the way, I saw three GNUmakefile, 1 in the DMS folder, other in
> libpdb and dmsd folders, dod I have to do the same with this?
> (Actually I tried but nothing come better)

P. Therese Lang
Kuntz and James Labs
UCSF--Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Phone: (415)476-3986