[Dock-fans] what is the format (I5, 3F10.5, F8.3, I5, I2, I3))mean?

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Tue May 9 21:37:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 10 May 2006, fralium wrote:

>    i want to add my own sphere centers to the ***.sph,but i i don't know how to use the format,(I5, 3F10.5, F8.3, I5, I2, I3)or i don't understand the manul provided by the ucsf.
>    i want to know what is the parameter mean?

Google is a good tool for investigation of background information.

Googling
format (I5, 3F10.5, F8.3, I5, I2, I3))
yields as the first hit
http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_5/tutorials/generating_spheres.htm
which explains the values corresponding to the format statement,
and
Googling
fortran format
yields as the first hit
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/COURSES/cs201/NOTES/chap05/format.html
which describes the relevant Fortran syntax.