[Dock-fans] Can dock5 recognise the cofactor FAD?

irene xue irene_2090 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 24 05:33:14 PDT 2006

Dear all,

  When I read the dock5.3 manual, I find that all HETATM lines in the PDB file should be removed. Now, there is a cofactor FAD in my protein file and FAD will affect the interaction between the ligand and the receptor in the binding pocket.  My questions are

  1) Can dock5 recognise the cofactor FAD?
  2) If not recognise, how to deal with this cofactor?

  Thanks a lot.

                                                        irene