[Dock-fans] DOCK 6 amber scoring

Jeffrey Dyason j.dyason at griffith.edu.au
Sun Oct 8 22:05:06 PDT 2006

I'm just starting to play around with the Amber scoring module in DOCK6
and I have a few problems. I've updated and recompiled DOCK6 with the 4
patches available and it seems to run fine on my Mac running MacOSX
10.4.8. The first problems arose from the mopac.sh script which requires
the DOCK_HOME to be set, easily fixed but it wasn't mentioned in the DOCK
6.0 User manual.
Secondly, the mopac.sh script uses the following line :-
ln  mopac.in FOR005
on my mac this doesn't work. It needs to be
ln -s mopac.in FOR005

When, I have run an Amber scoring calculation I just allow the ligand to
be flexible, with the protein fixed and everything thing seems to work
fine, except for the output coordinates. The file
protein.ligand.1.final_pose.pdb has the ligand coordinates updated,
however the other file that is written out output_scored.mol2 only has the
starting coordinates (plus the updated score). Is it possible to get the
updated ligand coordinates to be written to output_scored.mol2 file ?
Also, is it possible to get the final coordinates of the ligand by itself,
after it has undergone the dynamics, to compare with the docked structure
?

Thanks Jeff.
Jeff Dyason                                    e-mail:
J.Dyason at griffith.edu.au
Institute for Glycomics http://www.griffith.edu.au/glycomics
Griffith University                          (Gold Coast Campus)
PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre       Tel: +61 7 5552 7028
Queensland 9726 Australia              Fax: +61 7 5552 8098