[Dock-fans] ligand -regding

John J. Irwin jji at cgl.ucsf.edu
Sat Dec 1 21:46:08 PST 2007

Hi Vinay

It would be helpful for you to tell us a bit more about what program(s)
and options you are using. Which version of docking software? Which
drawing interface?

In general, if you are using a united-atom scoring function, then you
only want polar hydrogens on the protein. If you are using an all atom
scoring function, then you will need all H atoms to be explicit. You
always need (at least for all versions of DOCK) a ligand with all atoms
explicitly represented, for example as found in ZINC.

Good luck

John
johnirwin.docking.org