[Dock-fans] failure on dock.mpi

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Tue Jul 10 13:15:20 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Alessandro Nascimento wrote:

> On 7/9/07, Scott Brozell <sbrozell at scripps.edu> wrote:
> > The error above is a generic one from MPI.
> > Did you look for clues in the dock output ?
>
> Yes, I did, but there is no information. The output file is truncated.
> One molecule was docked and the file finished without any
> information....

If one molecule was docked then there probably is not a problem
with the input file.  Is the parallel dock input file the same as
your successful serial run ?

> > What happens with 1, 2, or 3 numbers of processors ?
>
> With 3 and 2 processors the same error occurs at the same moment
> (first molecule being docked). In a single processor (mpirun -np1
> dock.mpi ) the job is running fine (at least until this moment)... 3
> molecules have already being docked

What type of cluster is your machine; how many procs per node ?
What type of file system ?

> > Did the dock6/install/test/mpi quality control regression test pass ?
> > Retry it:
> > cd dock6/install/test/mpi
> > make clean
> > make
>
> I did it again and pasted below the results. I failed, but without any
> mpi messages (to my best knowledge, at least ;) !!!! )

The diffs do not appear to be significant -
at least not for the purpose of validating mpi.
Rerun the test with more procs, ie,
cd install/test/mpi
/home/apps/mpich2/bin/mpirun -np 4 ../../../bin/dock6.mpi -i mpi.dockin -o mpi.dockmpiout

Scott