[Dock-fans] Dock-fans Digest, DOCK4 paper

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Mon Jul 30 10:00:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Zhong, Shijun wrote:

> Could you send me a PDF file of the DOCK4 paper?

In general, NO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
If your university's library does not subscribe to this
journal then use interlibrary loan.

> Ewing, T. J.; Makino, S.; Skillman, A. G.; Kuntz, I. D., DOCK 4.0: search strategies for automated molecular docking of flexible molecule databases. J. Comput. Aided Mol. Des. 2001, 15, 411-428

J. Comput. Aided Mol. Des.
is a Springer publication.
Here is their copyright transfer agreement.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:okRq-l0M5OUJ:www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/CTS_generell.pdf+springer+copyright+transfer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

The copyright to this article is transferred to Springer (respective to owner if other
than Springer and for U.S. government employees: to the extent transferable) effective
if and when the article is accepted for publication. The author warrants that his/her
contribution is original and that he/she has full power to make this grant. The author
signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all
co-authors. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute
the article, including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform,
electronic form (offline, online) or any other reproductions of similar nature.

An author may self-archive an author-created version of his/her article on his/her own
website and his/her institutions repository, including his/her final version; however he/
she may not use the publishers PDF version which is posted on www.springerlink.com.
Furthermore, the author may only post his/her version provided acknowledgement is
given to the original source of publication and a link is inserted to the published article
on Springers website. The link must be accompanied by the following text: The original
publication is available at www.springerlink.com.