[Dock-fans] dms installation problems

Steven Finckbeiner sfinck187 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 19:15:01 PST 2007

I would really like to see something done about DMS.  I know these wonderful programs are free and we should be appreciative even to have them.  But that is no excuse for them to be as dense as an I-beam.  I previously set up DOCK 5.4 on an older PC last school year.  Classes got in the way and I never did anything with it.  Installing DMS was a nightmare then as well.  Recently I started a project that requires docking.  I have a brand new PC with a core-duo processor that I want to use for docking.  And I get to go through DMS again.
First of all, the link to download it doesn't work at home or here at work.  I had to use Yahoo to find it in somebody's open FTP site (Thank you stranger).  Second, if you are not a Unix junkie, installing it is a nightmare that takes up so much time and is so frustrating that it ultimately makes you want to use a different program entirely.
Is the emphasis on free or usable?  Can't this thing just be folded in with DOCK some kind of way?  Or distributed in such a way that you don't have to be a Unix pro just to get it to work?

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail