[Dock-fans] cygwin: aborted (core dumped)

Steven Finckbeiner sfinck187 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 16:04:42 PST 2007

I'm trying to dock folate into DHFR.
My box is as small as the binding site.
When I run DOCK in cygwin, I get this:

Initializing Library File Routines . . .
Initializing Orienting Routines . . .
Initializing Grid Score Routines . . .
   Reading the energy grid from smallbox.nrg
Error: memory exhausted!
   For Unix platforms increase the datasize, stacksize, and
   memoryuse using the limit, ulimit, or unlimit commands.
Aborted (core dumped)

I have the full install of cygwin and I can't find any of these commands.  When I ran showbox I didn't add any extra space.  I can't make it any smaller.  Any ideas?

"It is nice to think that there are so many unsolved puzzles ahead for biology, although I wonder whether we will ever find enough graduate students."   Lewis Thomas

Steve Finckbeiner
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Elm and Carlton Streets
Buffalo, NY 14263-0001