[Dock-fans] cygwin: aborted (core dumped)

Philip Crawford p.crawford at unsw.edu.au
Sun Mar 18 14:29:04 PST 2007

Steve,
Hi. On Cygwin, the limit, ulimit etc commands have no effect.  Things like
stacksize need to be set at compile (link) time. (I found out this with my
brother's help way back.)
If you have access to Visual Studio 6 (or later, probably) there is a
program with that called EDITBIN.EXE which can modify these parameters after
compile time.
It is also possible to pass link parameters to gcc, at least for stacksize,
which was what I needed to increase. But that was a stackdump, so your
requirements may be different.

Cheers,

Phil

Philip Crawford B Comp Sc, MIEEE
Medicine Computer Support Unit
The University of NSW, Sydney, NSW, 2052
Phone: +61-2-9385 2564
Fax: +61-2-9385 1258
Email: p.crawford at unsw.edu.au

  _____