[Dock-fans] cygwin: aborted (core dumped)

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Tue Mar 20 10:04:33 PST 2007

Hi,

Here is a simple command sequence to apply the stacksize modification
for cygwin:

cd install
make DOCKBUILDFLAGS=' -Wl,--stack,0x2000000' dock

Note that the stacksize setting is done at link time; so make clean
is not necessary, and if sources get compiled then this can be ignored:
g++: --stack: linker input file unused because linking not done

According to

ulimit -s
should emit the current stacksize limit even though it cannot change
that limit.  Knowing the current limit might be useful in determining
a new limit.

For fun reading here are some stack related links:

http://cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/doc/stackOverflow.txt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow

Scott

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Steven Finckbeiner wrote:

> Phil: I am very hopeful that I will get this to work.
However, I am a complete noob when it comes to compiling anything.
Where would I change this, in the makefile?
Thanks for helping me with this.
Steve