[Dock-fans] Scoring of hydrophobic interaction!

John J. Irwin jji at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed May 2 11:19:59 PDT 2007

Hi Gregor

Thanks for your question. I would be surprised if you get a consensus on
this topic, because there are so many variations in the way virtual
screening can be performed, and so many idiosyncrasies of protein
binding sites. I prefer to answer this question by performing
retrospective tests to investigate whether the program & scoring
function can enrich known actives against a database of challenging
decoys with reasonable geometric fidelity compared to available crystal
structures. For example, you can see our paper *Huang, Shoichet and
Irwin, /J. Med. Chem./, 2006, 49(23), 6789-6801.*

Good luck!

John