[Dock-fans] Problem with installation of DOCK6 with zap library

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Tue May 22 18:54:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 18 May 2007, Abdul Hameed, MohamedDiwanMo wrote:

> I am trying to install Dock6 with ZAP (gnu.pbsa) in Linux Redhat EL 4.
> I had defined the environmental variable ZAP_HOME.
> But I get the following error message:

> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/md/dock6/src/dock/nab'
> g++ -DBUILD_DOCK_WITH_ZAP -I/home/md/ZAP/lib/ -O2 -o dock6.pbsa
> amber_typer.o base_mpi.o base_score.o conf_gen.o dock.o dockmol.o
> library_file.o master_score.o orient.o score.o simplex.o sphere.o
> score_solvent.o score_amber.o sasa.o score_chemgrid.o utils.o nab/nab.a
> -lm -lpthread -L/home/md/ZAP/lib/ -lOEZAP
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lOEZAP
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [dock6.pbsa] Error 1
>
> I checked the archives, and found a similar message previously, but in
> that case the error was due to using a 64 bit version.
> http://blur.compbio.ucsf.edu/pipermail/dock-fans/2006-October/000752.html
> But mine is only 32 bit version. (uname -a :  i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

Thanks for searching.

It seems very likely that
/home/md/ZAP/lib/libOEZAP.a
does not exist, and that this does exist
/home/md/ZAP/libOEZAP.a
That would be consistent with typical zap installations,
but if ZAP_HOME is incorrect then the compilations should
have failed due to an unavailable include file: oe_zap_lib.h

Perhaps the build of dock6.pbsa is not beginning in a
clean dock6/src/dock ?  That could be caused by not heeding
the warning from configure:
Warning: the configuration file already exists with the creation stamp:
# Created at bla bla
It will be overwritten !
Don't forget to make clean before rebuilding.
The best way to reconfigure and rebuild is to start with make distclean.
Reconfiguring after make distclean will avoid this warning.

In summary, try this
setenv ZAP_HOME /home/md/ZAP
cd dock6/install
make distclean