[Dock-fans] A Problem Reading grid.nrg and grid.bmp

Ben Keshet keshet1 at umbc.edu
Tue May 29 19:46:09 PDT 2007

Hi Dock-fans,

I followed the tutorials for docking (using different molecules) and the
files grid.bmp and grid.nrg seemed to be created properly. However, when I
used ./dock6, after the anchor_and_grow.in file was read successfully, I am
getting the following:

Initializing Library file Routines...

Initializing Orienting Routines...

Initializing Conformer Generation Routines...

Initializing Bump Filter Routines...

Could no open grid.in.bmp for reading. Program will terminate.

I changed the grid.bmp file name to grid.in.bmp, the error message
disappeared, but I got a similar one saying:

Could no open grid.nrg.nrg for reading. Program will terminate.

After I changed this file name as well, I got the following error:

Could not open grid.nrg.bmp for reading. program will terminate.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Does it seem like an installation problem?

Thank you,

Ben