[Dock-fans] Another problem

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Sun Nov 11 23:51:38 PST 2007

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 lsayaved at lcg.unam.mx wrote:

> I was able to fixed my last error in the installation, but it was because
> the string.h library wasnt included in some of the *.cpp files... or maybe
> it was something else, I dont know.

The C string header file is included in all the source files via
#include <string>
which is in utils.h.
So you may encounter further problems due to a screwy OS/compiler.

> Now I could succesfully have  installed the dock part, but when I am
> installing the utilities, I have the following error::
>
> /usr/local/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0/4.3.0/../../../../include/c++/4.3.0/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2:
> warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated
> header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section
> 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header
> for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <iostream> instead of the
> deprecated header <iostream.h>. To disable this warning use
> -Wno-deprecated.

This is just a warning and can be ignored.

> /usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -macosx_version_min
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [sphere_selector] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [utils] Error 2

It appears that your compiler is passing an option
to the linker, -macosx_version_min, that the linker does not understand.
This is another sympton of a likely screwy compiler/OS situation.
You may have updated your compiler without updating the linker/OS: