[Dock-fans] grid parallelization?

Francesco Pietra chiendarret at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 23:47:50 PST 2007

At any rate, the grid was built in a few hours (maybe 4-5hours). With 10A in
the showbox, now the spheres and grid seemed to encompass the whole pore
protein. Rigid dock (mpi working with only two nodes instead of the four
requested) completed in about two hours for a 150-atoms stretched ligand. This
is now elongated within the pore. far end from the membrane. In fact, 1/3 of
the ligand is out of the pore. Whether this far-end position is the result of
selecting the center of the sphere on the oxygen of the HOH residue (which is
on the fourth position of the selectivity filter and from visualizing programs
appears along the symmetry axis of the pore) can't say. I would like to rebuild
the grid centering sphere_select more toward the membrane opening of the pore,
though I have no symmetrical position to select. I could only select an atom on
the internal helix, which would destroy symmetry. Don't know if this would be
correct.

>From vague descriptions, it seems that GOLD program can select a point along
the symmetry axis of the pore. Not read the original description how that is
realized, if it is really realized at all.

Thanks
francesco