[Dock-fans] installation of DOCK software

Alessandro Nascimento al.s.nascimento at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 02:13:41 PST 2007

Hi Monisha,

Yes. g++ is necessary. g++ and gcc are the  C++ and C compilers,
respectively, that are used to compile dock source codes.
The easier way to have dock6 installed in cygwin is to install the
full distribution of cygwin (if haven't already done it).
It usually comes with g++, gcc and g77 installed. If you type "which
g++ <enter>" in your cygwin bash shell
the system should retrieve something like '/usr/bin/g++'. This means
that the executable file of you c++ compiler was found
in the folder /usr/bin.

Once you have checked you have g++, gcc and g77 (fortran compiler)
installed, you should decompress the dock file
using the same commands described in the manual for linux installation
( see http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/dock6_manual.htm#Installation
)

$ tar -zxvf dock.6.1.tar.gz

Enter the install folder

$ cd dock6/install

If you want to install dock6 for non-parallel environment you can type

$ ./configure gnu

It will create a configuration file with instructions to your gnu
compilers (g++, gcc, g77). Then,

$ make all

It will compile the source codes and copy the binaries (executable)
files in the folder dock6/bin.
You can also test if your dock6 is working as expected:

$ cd test ; make clean ; make test

Hope this helps.

PS: the "$" indicates bash shell commands

--alessandro

--
[ ]s

--alessandro