[Dock-fans] installing on OS X

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Mon Sep 17 09:26:34 PDT 2007

Hi,

On many Macs the path of make is
~  which make
/usr/bin/make
~  which gmake
gmake: Command not found.
~  which gnumake
/usr/bin/gnumake
~  make -v
GNU Make version 3.79, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for powerpc-apple-darwin7.0
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

You can also try
~ locate make

If it is not there then install.
This page has links to open source versions of make:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_%28software%29

Scott