[Dock-fans] Fwd: Re: Parallel install

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Tue Sep 25 14:09:42 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> I forgot to add the config.h. Attached now

This is unlikely to be the correct path.
Try the command:
which mpicxx
and the use the part before bin.
Or try the command
locate mpi.h
Also use the command export:
MPICH_HOME=/bla
export MPICH_HOME

> > (the daemons of openmpi are in /usr/local/bin, which is on my PATH)
> >
> > (2) make dock # builds only the dock program
> >
> > (the attached test_parallel_onlydock.out reports the "make test")
> >

> > (3) make utils # builds only the accessory programs
> >
> > (the attached test_parallel_dockandaccessory.out reports the "make test")
> >
> > Attached is also test_serial.out from the "make test" for the serial
> > installation.

Yes, something is wrong; test_serial.out appears to be truncated
as do the others; this is the tail:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/dock6/install/test/anchor_and_grow'
cd bump_filter && make test
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/dock6/install/test/bump_filter'
cd ../grid_generation && make test
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/dock6/install/test/grid_generation'
# Construct box to enclose spheres
../../../bin/showbox < box.in > /dev/null
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/dock6/install/test/grid_generation'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/dock6/install/test/bump_filter'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/dock6/install/test'

Retry the tests, reporting the verbatim output via:
cd install;make test

Scott