[Dock-fans] Configuring dms for Mas Os 10.5

Scott Brozell sbrozell at scripps.edu
Mon Apr 28 11:28:34 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Samuel  Watson wrote:

> I am mainly an organic synthesis persona and a novice DOCK user trying to
> design new inhibitors of ornithine decarboxylase as possible trypanosoma
> brucei toxins.  I am having trouble configuring dms to run on my Mac, which
> is presently running OsX 10.5 (basically BSD UNIX).  Any suggestions would
> be much appreciated.

It is not helpful to just say something "is not configuring,":
you need to say exactly what commands you issued,
and exactly what the resulting messages were.

This works for me:

sh < ../dms.shar
cd dms
vi GNUmakefile
mkdir man
mkdir man/man1
mkdir lib
mkdir bin
make install > & out

Darwin rooster.compbio.ucsf.edu 7.9.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005; root:xnu/xnu-517.12.7.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc

gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)