[Dock-fans] Fwd: Amberscore after MD

Francesco Pietra chiendarret at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 00:16:38 PDT 2008

I forgot to ask about the number of steps for amberscore that may
hopefully lead to meaningful outputs. After flex docking, I used in
file

ligand_atom_file
/home/francesco/amberscore_everything/flex_scored.amber_score.mol2
limit_max_ligands                                            no
skip_molecule                                                no
read_mol_solvation                                           no
calculate_rmsd                                               no
orient_ligand                                                no
flexible_ligand                                              no
bump_filter                                                  no
score_molecules                                              yes
contact_score_primary                                        no
contact_score_secondary                                      no
grid_score_primary                                           no
grid_score_secondary                                         no
dock3.5_score_primary                                        no
dock3.5_score_secondary                                      no
continuous_score_primary                                     no
continuous_score_secondary                                   no
gbsa_zou_score_primary                                       no
gbsa_zou_score_secondary                                     no
gbsa_hawkins_score_primary                                   no
gbsa_hawkins_score_secondary                                 no
amber_score_primary                                          yes
amber_score_secondary                                        no
amber_score_receptor_file_prefix                        protein (with
all hydrogen atoms in place)
amber_score_movable_region                                everything
amber_score_before_md_minimization_cycles                    100
amber_score_md_steps                                         3000
amber_score_after_md_minimization_cycles                     100
amber_score_gb_model                                         5
amber_score_nonbonded_cutoff                                 18.0
amber_score_temperature                                      300.0
ligand_outfile_prefix                                        output
write_orientations                                           no
num_scored_conformers_written                                1
rank_ligands                                                 no

In order to re-run amberscore after MD in the membrane, how many
(minimum) steps may be suggested?

Thanks also for the answer to "How to read score outputs". I knew not
to be asking anything new, howver it is useful to have a comprehensive
illustration with an example.

Thanks

francesco