[Dock-fans] dock installation in linux

Monisha Hajra monisha.hajra at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:07:10 PST 2008

Dear all,
      I am facing problem in DOCK installation in linux (unbuntu).
After typing ./configure gnu, configuration file been created, then "make
clean" command also working. Then once I type "make all", I am getting the
following return :
iocb at iocb-desktop:~/dock6/install$ make all
Starting installation of
DOCK v6.1
at Sat Feb 16 11:16:21 IST 2008.

cd ../src && make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/iocb/dock6/src'
cd dock && make install
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/iocb/dock6/src/dock'
g++ -c  -O2 -o amber_typer.o  amber_typer.cpp
make[2]: g++: Command not found
make[2]: *** [amber_typer.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/iocb/dock6/src/dock'
make[1]: *** [dock6] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/iocb/dock6/src'
make: *** [install] Error 2

I think g++ is not installed in my system. By typing command which g++, I am
not getting any reply, although which gcc returns "/usr/bin/gcc".

When I am trying to install g++ by typing the command "sudo aptitude install
g++", its started installing, but after sometime it is asking for "Media
Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'Ubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_ - Release
i386 (20071016)' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press [Enter]". I dont have any
cd, dont know what to do.

can someone how to do the installation successfully.

regards

--
Monisha Hajra
Senior Scientist

Institute Of Computational Biology (IOCB)
#1101, OTC Road, Near Corporation Circle
Bangalore -02

080-415 71426/27
www.iocbindia.org