[Dock-fans] de novo drug design

John J. Irwin jji at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Jul 16 12:10:33 PDT 2008

Hi DX

I don't know of any free de novo design tools. I do know about Allegrow
http://bostondenovo.com/ and Sprout http://www.simbiosys.ca/, but have
no idea about price.

For scaffold hopping, try ROCS/EON from OpenEye (http://eyesopen.com/)
which is a shape approach, and is free to accredited academics. OE also
have a tool for directly mutating one atom at a time, BROOD, but it may
be a challenge to test some of those suggestions experimentally.  Cactvs
is free to academics and incorporates fingerprint methods that can be
use to essentially scaffold hop (find similar molecules).
molinspiration.com is free to academics and has a tool to break up
molecules into fragments, which is a useful underlying technology for
scaffold hopping.

Of course, none of these programs works directly with DOCK - I
interpreted your "can be used along with" liberally.

John
UCSF DOCK Team