[Dock-fans] do I meet the hardware + software requirements to do docking using dock 6.2

Rajeshwari Iyer rajeshwari.iyer2010 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 01:59:41 PDT 2009

Dear friends,
Before investing considerable amount of time I think I should know if I meet the hardware + software requirements to make & dock & modify source code of dock 6.2

1) What flavour and exact version(s) of Linux would definetely work to make & dock & modify source code of dock 6.2..Where from I can get gnu complier that would work for me.

I have PCs with mid to high level intel core 2 duo processor. Is this going to work ? ( op sys = xp prof)

2 a)Using cgywin can I modify source code etc of dock 6.2
2 b) If I cant modify dock 6.2 if necessary, will I be able to atleast run the dock 6.2 to do docking in cgywin enviorment in my system (processor = intel core2 duo , op sys = xp prof).

If not what kind of system do I need to get/buy?

Cheers.
Rajeshwari