[Dock-fans] SPHGEN error

Eric Pettersen pett at cgl.ucsf.edu
Thu May 28 11:01:25 PDT 2009

On May 27, 2009, at 10:30 PM, pasha shak wrote:

> apparent state: internal I/O last format:
> (A3,I3,A1,2X,A4,1X,F7.3,2F9.3,1X,A3,7X,3F7.3)

Interesting.  This is not the format that DMS puts out (neither the
Chimera version nor the compiled version).  I believe the format
statement above will skate by if there is no chain ID.  If there is
one, it will blow up.

Perhaps the format worked with the ancient ms program, but I don't
have access to that anymore.  At any rate, sphgen needs fixing if it's
going to work with DMS.

--Eric

                         Eric Pettersen
                         UCSF Computer Graphics Lab