[Dock-fans] Write multiple conformations during parallel processing

Sudipto Mukherjee sudmukh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 10:04:07 PDT 2010

Dear Cen,

A maximum of 3 docked conformers will be written to prefix_scored.mol2
Nothing will be written to prefix_confomer.mol2 with write_conformations set to
no.

In your case, what is happening is that after scoring, pruning and clustering,
only one viable docked conformation remains. You will get up to 3 conformations
in prefix_scored.mol2 if you keep trying with different ligands. I suggest that
try this with a small database of 1000 ligands instead of just docking in one
molecule. You should that many of them will have 2 or more conformers in the
prefix_scored.mol2 file.

For your reference, here is the dock input file I used to verify this:

orient_ligand                                                yes
automated_matching                                           yes
receptor_site_file
121P.rec.clust.close.sph
max_orientations                                             1000
critical_points                                              no
chemical_matching                                            no
use_ligand_spheres                                           no
use_internal_energy                                          yes
internal_energy_rep_exp                                      12
flexible_ligand                                              yes
min_anchor_size                                              5
pruning_use_clustering                                       yes
pruning_max_orients                                          1000
pruning_clustering_cutoff                                    100
pruning_conformer_score_cutoff                               100.0
use_clash_overlap                                            no
print_growth_tree                                            no
bump_filter                                                  no
score_molecules                                              yes
contact_score_primary                                        no
contact_score_secondary                                      no
grid_score_primary                                           yes
grid_score_secondary                                         no
grid_score_rep_rad_scale                                     1
grid_score_vdw_scale                                         1
grid_score_es_scale                                          1
grid_score_grid_prefix                                       121P.rec
dock3.5_score_secondary                                      no
continuous_score_secondary                                   no
gbsa_zou_score_secondary                                     no
gbsa_hawkins_score_secondary                                 no
amber_score_secondary                                        no
minimize_ligand                                              yes
minimize_anchor                                              yes
minimize_flexible_growth                                     yes
use_advanced_simplex_parameters                              no
simplex_max_cycles                                           1
simplex_score_converge                                       0.1
simplex_cycle_converge                                       1.0
simplex_trans_step                                           1.0
simplex_rot_step                                             0.1
simplex_tors_step                                            10.0
simplex_anchor_max_iterations                                500
simplex_grow_max_iterations                                  500
simplex_grow_tors_premin_iterations                          0
simplex_random_seed                                          0
atom_model                                                   all
vdw_defn_file
vdw_AMBER_parm99.defn
flex_defn_file                                               flex.defn
flex_drive_file                                              flex_drive.tbl
ligand_outfile_prefix                                        flex.dock2grid
write_orientations                                           no
num_scored_conformers                                        1
write_conformations                                          no
rank_ligands                                                 no

 Regards
Sudipto Mukherjee
Trent E. Balius
Graduate Student, Robert C. Rizzo Lab
Dept. of Applied Math & Statistics, Stony Brook University