[Dock-fans] Installing DOCK 6.4 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Jennifer Lahti jllahti at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 20 10:51:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am running into the following trouble trying to install DOCK 6.4 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard:

After configuring the Makefile using the gnu configuration file, I manually edited the install/config.h file so that the Fortran compiler is gfortran instead of g77.  I then attempted to build all DOCK programs and got the following error:
/
Undefined symbols:
  "_MAIN__", referenced from:
      _main in libgfortranbegin.a(fmain.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [grid] Error 1
make[1]: *** [utils] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2
/

I next installed g77 hoping that this would alleviate the problem, but got the same error message as before.

I then tried changing the flag for linking without Fortran's main by manually editing the install/congif.h file to "LINK_WITHOUT_FORTRAN_MAIN= -c" and attempted to build all DOCK programs.  This returned the following error:
/
mv grid ../../bin
mv: rename grid to ../../bin/grid: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: *** [utils] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2
/

This error led me to manually edit the /src/grid/define.h file according to the instructions in 0README from "#define PARAMETER_PATH "PARAMETER_PATH_NOT_SET/" to "#define PARAMETER_PATH "/Applications/dock6/parameters/"  This had no effect on the errors returned above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jenn