[Dock-fans] Distorted bond Angles

Trent E. Balius tbalius at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 07:03:43 PDT 2011

 Hi Marco,

One approach to sample this distorted torsion is to modify the flex.defn and the flex_drive.tbl files.

See the following:
http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/dock6_manual.htm#flexdefn
  http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/dock6_manual.htm#flex_drivetbl
In addition consult the following:
http://mailman.docking.org/pipermail/dock-fans/2010-May/002360.html

Excerpt from flex.defn:
name sp3-sp3
drive_id 3
minimize 1
definition .3 [ 3 H ] [ 3 O.co2 ]
definition .3 [ 3 H ] [ 3 O.co2 ]

Here you can see the the flexible definition file specifies a torsion angle and gives the drive type (drive_id).

  Excerpt from flex_drive.tbl
drive_id 3
positions 3
torsions -60 60 180

Here you can see that the flexible drive table specifies the angle to be sampled for the drive type.

You should modify the flex.defn to have an entry for the olefine bond and use of create an appropriate entry in the flex_drive.tbl file.

You may want to also verify that your small molecule mol2 file has the correct hybridization and protonation.

I hope this helps,

Trent E. Balius
Graduate Student, Rizzo Group,
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics,
Stony Brook University.
Office: Math Tower 3-129, Phone: (631) 632-8519