[Dock-fans] Parallel processing resource allocation question

Phan, Jason jason.phan at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Apr 18 08:46:50 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Sorry if this has been addressed already and if so please point me to those threads. I'll move to dock6.5 soon but right now, I'm stuck with dock5.4. Using mpiexec -n 12 dock5mpi -i etc..., it only lets me use 12 processors (e.g. nodes=4:ppn=3 or nodes=6:ppn=2 or any of the combinations that add up to 12 processors total). If I go over 12, it got bumped out with this error: "Error: Missing parameter/value pair" and eventually, "Parameterization Failed. 16 missing parameters". If I stay at 12 or lower, no problem. Also, while this is running, I cannot start another dock run... same error. It looks like these processes are competing for some parameter files. I did copy them to a local directory but did not help. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason