[Dock-fans] Fwd: dock6

Trent E. Balius tbalius at aol.com
Thu Jan 5 05:58:23 PST 2012

 Hi Anu,

The first step is to compile dock.

see the following section of the manual:

http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/dock6_manual.htm#Installation

I recommend that you use the gnu compilers for now.

cd dock6/install
./configure gnu
make clean
make all
make test

Then once you have a working executable you may want to add it to your path by editing your .bashrc or .cshrc file.

You then should try and perform some of the tutorials:

http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/tutorials/index.htm

and

http://ringo.ams.sunysb.edu/index.php/DOCK_Tutorials

I hope this helps,

Trent E. Balius
Graduate Student, Rizzo Group,
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics,
Stony Brook University.
Office: Math Tower 3-129, Phone: (631) 632-8519