[Dock-fans] some quetion of DOCK Anchor-and-Grow.

Sudipto Mukherjee sudmukh at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 06:24:30 PDT 2013

Hi 李雷,

The error you received indicates that no reasonable pose could be found during sampling. While DOCK suggests two possible reasons why this could happen, there might be other causes as well.

Before attempting an actual virtual screen, it is a good idea to check your docking setup to make sure there are no obvious problems. First check the placement of the spheres used to orient the anchor. Are the spheres located within the target active site? Does the native ligand dock back in successfully? This error can occur when the ligand being docked in is simply too big to fit inside the active site. How many rotatable bonds are present in the ligand you are attempting to dock in. DOCK is designed primarily with screening small molecules in mind.

Regards
Sudipto Mukherjee, PhD
Dept. of Chemistry, Temple University
1901 N 13th St, Philadelphia, PA 19122