[Dock-fans] Fwd: Re: SGI license

Patrick Bednarski bednarsk at uni-greifswald.de
Thu Jan 16 08:40:21 PST 2014

Hi Marilyn,

I successfully install DOCK on my SGI Octane2 and Fuel machines (both IRIX 6.5.23) last year. It was a challenge but it worked. I used the SGI MIPSPRO compilers for C, C++ and fortran to compile the source code. If you have these compilers installed on your machine, then configure the compiler with the sgi option. (Compilation only works with the N32 bit option). Then read the posts from back on Aug 27, 2013, where a solution to the problem with variable array lengths is discussed.

Later I also installed a GNU compiler (ver. 4.3) and attempted make using the gnu option in the configuration.h file. However, compilation did not work due to various errors I didn't understand.

Hope this helps.
Patrick