[Dock-fans] Installation of DOCK 6.6 on a Mac

Scott Brozell sbrozell at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 16 19:46:19 PST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 07:31:24PM +0000, msmith at mcdaniel.edu wrote:
> Hi – can you please point me to a good reference for installing DOCK on my Mac?  I am running OSX Version 10.8.5.  I have the program downloaded and can't get past the config instruction.  When I try to run "make all" I get an error.  Thanks in advance.
> Marilyn Smith
> McDaniel College
> Westminster, MD 21798
> Software  OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
> Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
> Processor  2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
> Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Use the gnu config file:
cd dock6/install; ./configure gnu; make; make test

There are some recent Mac posts; search the archives
http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/index.htm#searchdockfans
to find, e.g.,
http://mailman.docking.org/pipermail/dock-fans/2013-December/002868.html
http://mailman.docking.org/pipermail/dock-fans/2013-December/002854.html

Please send verbose and verbatim details if you encounter problems.

thanks you,
scott