[Dock-fans] Compiling dock to run parallel multicore on Mac OS X

Julio Dominguez acheron24 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 17:54:33 PST 2014

HI y'all

I am kinda busy so forgive the quick and dirty answer.
To get mpi working on a mac you need to modify/create a makefile with the correct data. The way I went about it was to take a look at the gnu.parallel makefile and use it as a base for a new one. I called this one intel.mkl.parallel since I use the intel C and fortran compilers.My intel.mkl.parallel looks like this:
CC=          iccCXX=         /sw/bin/mpicxxCFLAGS=      -DBUILD_DOCK_WITH_MPI -DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK -DMPICH_SKIP_MPICXX -I$(MPICH_HOME)/include -O2FC=          ifortFFLAGS=      -O2LIBS=        -L$(MKL_HOME)/lib/em64t -lvml -lmkl_lapack -lmkl -lguide -lpthreadLIBS=        $(MKL)LINK_WITHOUT_FORTRAN_MAIN= -nofor_mainLOAD=        /sw/bin/mpicxxDOCK_SUFFIX= .mpi
AR=          ar rvLEX=         flexOCFLAGS=     -O3 -ipo -D_ANSI_SOURCERANLIB=      ranlib
I left all the comments out for clarity. Notice that I indicated the specific location of my mpicxx as well as some intel libraries. For GNU in mac, you will have to compile mpirun and identify its location for dock. In my hands, this method has worked for Dock 6.5 and 6.6
Best regards