[Dock-fans] Failed Docking even after relaxing params

Trent E. Balius tbalius at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 08:50:32 PST 2014

 Hi Amr,

To add to Sudipto's suggestions, you might also consider increasing the following parameters:

from
pruning_clustering_cutoff                                    25
pruning_conformer_score_cutoff                               25.0

pruning_clustering_cutoff                                    100
pruning_conformer_score_cutoff                               100.0

This will increase sampling but might slow down your calculations.

http://mailman.docking.org/pipermail/dock-fans/2012-April/002650.html

Since you are docking to meny sites you may need to increase pruning_clustering_cutoff even more.
See the manual:
http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/dock6_manual.htm#PruningtheConformationSearchTree
http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/DOCK_6/dock6_manual.htm#LigandFlexibility

Typically, if you want to dock to multiple sites we would suggest that you perform multiple docking runs for each site.

DOCK is not well suited to docking to multiple sites in the same run.

I hope that this helps,

Trent

Trent E. Balius, PhD
Postdoc, Shoichet Lab,