[Dock-fans] need help with installation

Blair Journigan blairjournigan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:48:18 PDT 2015

Hello All,

I am trying to install DOCK 6.7 using the instructions in the DOC 6.7
user's manual, section 1.3.

I installed the Cygwin terminal, and selected *only *'Devel' to be
installed. This took a very long time. I also downloaded my dock license.

I then went to step 1 in section 1.3, which is:
"(1) Unpack the distribution using the following command:
[user at dock ~] tar -zxvf dock.6.7.tar.gz"

I tried to get through step 1 in Cygwin, but then got the following error
message:

Velvet at Velvet-PC ~
$ tar -zxvf dock.6.7.tar.gz
tar (child): dock.6.7.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2

Can anyone please give some insight as to why this is happening?? Any help
is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Blair