[Dock-fans] need help with installation

William Joseph Allen william.joseph.allen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:30:19 PDT 2015

Hi Blair,

That error is saying that the file you are trying to unpack is not found.
Either, the file is in a different directory from where you are trying to
execute the command, or the file name is different from what you typed on
the command line.

What is the output if you type "ls" in that same location you were trying
to unpack the file?

In terms of devel cygwin, I'm not very familiar with it so I wouldn't know
if that will cause any difficulties in the install process. However, if
this is your first experience using Unix or Linux, you may consider
spending some time with online tutorials. It will also be necessary to
learn a command line text editor, such as vim.

http://ringo.ams.sunysb.edu/index.php/Unix
http://ringo.ams.sunysb.edu/index.php/Vi

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions, and I am happy to
try to answer them.

Joe Allen