[Dock-fans] auto-DUD-e and explicit water -- Dock 6.7

Trent E. Balius tbalius at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 09:06:25 PDT 2016

 Hi Jonathan,

Question1.
  A subset of the systems of the DUDE systems are distributed with SB2010/SB2012
  which are prepared for DOCK6
  Otherwise, you will need to prepare the receptors yourself,
  I would suggest using Chimera and its dock prep tool to help you prepare the receptors.
  I would also suggest using the mol2 file distributed with DUDE (audoDUDE is for DOCK3.7):
     http://dude.docking.org/
     here are the mol2 files:
     http://dude.docking.org/targets/aa2ar/actives_final.mol2.gz
     http://dude.docking.org/targets/aa2ar/decoys_final.mol2.gz
Question2:
  Including waters is possible in DOCK3.7 but a little tricky:
  see the following:
  http://wiki.bkslab.org/index.php/DOCK_3.7_tutorial_%28Anat%29
  you will need to use "blastermaster.py -v --addNOhydrogensflag"

  For dock6 it is a little easier,  you just need to make sure that the water
  is in the mol2 file (and it has the right partial charges and atom type for grid to run properly).

I hope that this helps,

Trent

Trent E. Balius, PhD
Postdoc, Shoichet Lab,