[Dock-fans] Dock6.8 installation - stdio.h: No such file or directory

Debajyoti Dutta debajyoti_dutta47 at rediffmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:25:18 PST 2017

Hi All,

I am upgrading to Dock6.8, in my macbook. I modified the config.h according to the version present in bin, so it looks like below

#export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

CC=          gcc-5
CXX=         g++-5
CFLAGS=      -O2
FC=          gfortran-5
FFLAGS=      -O2 -fno-automatic -fno-second-underscore
LIBS=        -lm -lpthread
LINK_WITHOUT_FORTRAN_MAIN=
LOAD=        g++-5
DOCK_SUFFIX=

# Macro definitions for NAB
# AR is the library archiver
# LEX is the lexical analyzer generator
# OCFLAGS is the flags for the C compilers with high optimization
# RANLIB is the library index generator
AR=          ar rv
LEX=         flex
OCFLAGS=     -O3 -D_ANSI_SOURCE
RANLIB=      ranlib
DOCKHOME=/Users/debajyoti/dock6
# Created at Fri Nov 10 17:11:20 MST 2017 via ./configure gnu

I verified the versions of the gcc and others but still getting another problem when doing "make all"

Starting installation of
DOCK v6.8
at Fri Nov 10 18:20:14 MST 2017.

cd ../src && make install
cd dock && make install
g++-5 -c  -O2 -o score_chemgrid.o  score_chemgrid.cpp
score_chemgrid.cpp:35:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [score_chemgrid.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [dock6] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

I tried to dig what may be the reason in internet. They says it could be the Xcodes is not properly installed. However I want another opinion from
the group. Thank you for your suggestions.

Best
Debajyoti