[Dock-fans] Possible problem with DOCK 3.7 post processing scripts

Corey Taylor corey.taylor at uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 26 09:06:08 PDT 2018

Dear all,

We are using DOCK-3.7.2rc1 (cheers, John) and I believe I've bumped into
a problem with the post-processing scripts. Excuse my ignorance of the
actual mechanisms of the scripts, I'm mainly guessing.

The getposes.py script exited with the attached error. Eventually I
figured out that the pose it crashed on whilst trying to extract (in
this case, a molecule named "FRAGID_0184") was in the extraction
databases (extract_all.sort.uniq.txt, etc.) but not in test.mol2.gz so,
of course, the retrieval failed. This error was repeated whether I used
extract_all.py or extract_all_blazing_fast.py prior to running getposes_py.

Of course, the problem is fixed by simply making sure the default INDOCK
parameter 'mol2_score_maximum' (-10.0) is set high (+10.0) as per the
bkslab Wiki
(http://wiki.bkslab.org/index.php/DOCK_3.7_2018/06/05_abl1_Tutorial) and
running the dock again to ensure poses written to test.mol2.gz match
what end up in the extraction files later.

I may have missed a script parameter here so please advise if so or any
other way I haven't thought of to head-off having to re-run the entire
dock again or something similar. Mine was a very small dock so little
harm done but I dread the idea of someone else having to re-run a big
multi-day dock, hence I'm advising you guys of this in case there's a
more elegant solution possible for the scripts themselves.

Cheers guys,

--
Corey Taylor
Kolb Lab